Friday, October 21, 2011

Fetish Confessions

I keep getting told of more and more strange fetishes and paraphilias... bug chasing, vore, balloon fetish... I don't know if anyone shares this curiosity with me, but what I really like is not just knowing that there is such a big list of fetish possibilities, but I like trying to understand and putting myself inside the mind (or some other organ) of people with such tastes.

I found a really cool text that discusses unusual fetishes and tries to understand what goes inside the mind of people who have them. I didn't find the full text in any reliable website, so I made a google docs file for it, and you can read it here:

by Sandy Brundage

There's one particular part that got my attention:
"When I admitted that I still cringe whenever a balloon pops, Mike laughed. "I'm sorry. I'm still phobic myself. That's where my whole fetish derived from, that fear."

"It's like your brain's way of processing fear. It makes sense when you think of how people get scared and turned-on at the same time, like at a horror movie."

Fetishes derived from fear is something new to me, but it makes a whole lot of sense, as far as their origins go. A balloon fetish is as strange as a balloon phobia, and it's really not that strange to think that they may have a common denominator, or maybe they're even the same thing. That reminds me of a very annoying (and shall I say, suspicious) psychological study that states homophobic men are secretly homosexual. Psychoanalytically speaking, the base origin of every perversion is the repression of libido in its form or goal. Well...I'll have to put some more thought to it.

As for how the game development goes, I've been setting myself on a discipline of working on the game every morning, no matter how much other stuff I have to do. Progress is slow, mostly because of the time I spend spriting. But it's going well. Thanks to everyone who's been sending me pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment